X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

My Movie Collection Has Shrunk

The latter part of last year my movie collection was pushing 2000 titles with half of them being VHS tapes. Some of these tapes were bought in the early eighties just after vcrs came out, and others were dubbed copies of rental tapes. There really was a lot of junk in there as well as close to a hundred titles that were unplayable due to dropouts: these I garbaged in the Spring, and the rest I sold or gave away and have since whittled the tape collection down to 277 copies. This has opened up almost two racks , which will make room for DVDs yet to come. Space was really becoming a problem, and though I continued to put things off, I knew I had to bite the bullet and start cleaning out everything.
    The LD collection was near the 500 hundred mark and contained hundreds of old full screen junk. Many old horror, comedy and action trash that I only ever watched once. Well these are gone, mostly to my son who already had a small LD collection. Now the LD collection is down to 180 titles.
    The DVD collection had to be cleaned out too. In the early days of DVD I bought everything in sight, and there was a lot of junk here that I have watched once and will never watch again. I culled close to 90 of these out of my DVD collection.
    Well, this morning I decided to take a new count , now that the dust has cleared, and it goes like this as of today:

DVDs 597
    LDs 180
    VHS 277

This leaves a total of 1044 titles in my collection... which will increase by three after tomorrow as LOTR, the new Speed, and probably another titles or two will be added.

It was really traumatic getting rid of all those movies. Almost like cutting off an arm. But they were really just gathering dust and what is now left in my collection are titles I truly want to own and watch again and again. And, like I said, I have opened up room for another 6 or 7 hundred DVDs.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Robbie
    • Aug 2000

Dang George,

Think I need to rummage through your garbage.

Robbie

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Yeah, can you UPS that garbage down to us George? :LOL:

That's a lot of movies thinned! 8O

Ahh, but room for growth is a good thing! Atta boy George!

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Wow George!

You should have told me you were cleaning! :LOL: Being that we both own the DVL-700, those disc would have thought they were at home!!! :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Room for 600-700 DVD's? Whoa baby! 8O BestBuy is gonna love you.

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Eduardo
            Moderator emeritus
            • Jun 2002

8O

I need to start my DVD Charity Orginization. George when your ready to donate some more let me know. ;lx

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Well, I tell ya, you guys wouldn't have wanted some of that LD trash, believe me. But I eally feel good that my collection now is of titles that I really want to own and watch more than once.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Now George, you know that one man's trash is another man's treasure. I'm sure Eduardo hadn't seen Invasion of the Albino Midget Vampire Maidens and other like titles.
                :heh:

David - HTGuide flunky
                Our "Theater"
                Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Invasion Of The Albino Midget... say, Tex, did you have that one,too ?

My Homepage!
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"