X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Couple of early 90s classics

My daughter was home sick on Friday and I have the luxury to be able to set part of my week's schedule to my whim (so I took off Friday and am doing work today). Watched a couple of now 25 year old movies. :E My Cousin Vinny, as funny as I remembered it. The lovely Marisa Tomei is still a delight, but her outfits, frightening enough to my 25 year old eyes, are even scarier to my 50 year old pair (my daughter, 15, was even more frightened :lol: ). The ratings on the box of this Blu-ray were wildly different from one jurisdiction to another--more so than any other film of which I'm aware. The US rating is R (purely for language, as there is nothing else in the movie that could possibly provide general offence). The Anglo-Canadian rating is 14A (presumably for language). The Quebec rating is G. Of course, Quebec ratings are usually quite different from the rest of North America. Basic Instinct gets a 13+ rating in Quebec, while Rambo gets an 18+ rating. Quebec rating boards worry far less than the Anglo-world re: nudity and sexuality, and language while the Anglo-world seems much more accommodating of violence and restrictive of nudity/sexuality and language. It would make for an interesting sociological study, I'm sure.

The other classic was Patriot Games. I remember much of the computer tech on display seeming cutting edge when I saw it at the theatre. It still works well within the movie (unlike old sci-fi movies where "future tech" seems really outdated, I find films that represent the current day when made still work well with "old tech").

A good time was had by all.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"