X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edong
    • Mar 2003

does the hz rating matter?

Hi guys! I would like to buy an amp, either RMB 1066 or 1075 here in my country, Philippines. But I found out that the rating of Rotel's products are 50 hz here and Singapore where I was about to buy it. I was advised by the sales person in Singapore not to buy it because he said it will not work here in the Phil because of the 60 hz rating here. I am confused. Could anyone strighten it out for me? Please? :cry:
  • Tornini
    • Feb 2003

I am using the US version of the RMB-1075 (125v 60hz) with a voltage converter (2000 Watt), which does not convert the frequency) in Spain, so it is plugged into 220v 60hz.

I checked with Rotel before doing it and they said it would not be a problem, it is working perfectly.

I also have the RSP-1066, but it is the european version so it is plugged into a regular outlet (240v 50hz).

What voltage do you have ?

If you have 125v 60hz in th philippines, you can use the US version of their equipment directly, else just buy a voltage converter.
    I bought mine for $100 (it is a 36 pound box though!!).

Regards

Comment

• edong
      • Mar 2003

hank you very much. People from Rotel also wrote me and told me the same thing. I shall now try to find a dealer that would give me something similar to the Singapore price. Maybe go back there and buy it after the atypical phneumonia goes away from there.

Thanks again.
      Eddie

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"