X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Contact

Not a new release by any stretch but a solid blu-ray and a fine film. Watched it earlier with my 15 year old daughter (she's on an astronomy kick so I thought it was a good time for her to see it).

Surprising number of things that made a debut or gained high profile for the first time in this movie--chief among them the use of real reporters and news anchors as themselves (something that is now routine).

Themes of the film still resonate today and Jodie Foster is excellent. If you haven't seen it, you're in for a treat--if you haven't watched it in a while, what're you waiting for?
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

This movie was excellent and was done in the day when movies were aimed at adults and not 13 year old boys. I'm somewhat of an amateur Astronomer myself so I was sucked into it. The ending was also fabulous and Jodie Foster was perfect in her role. To add to the mesmerizing effect of this film, I've always had a bit of a crush on Foster !!

I've spun this film a few times over the years and it never gets old !
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• oldbob
      • Aug 2016

Jodi is an amazing person. Personally I think she is more attractive now than she was when she was younger. It is always amazing to me how feminine she looks on film when in real life she is so boyish looking.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"