• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Carol

8.5/10

Extremely well done film. Both women are impeccable in their roles as you'd expect. Though I may be a bit biased as I can imagine Blanchett would be able to make belching and farting for two hours on screen seem elegant and exceedingly well acted. Mara, was every bit her equal albeit in her quieter, more reserved role.

My one issue that I found equally interesting and irritating was that, particularly the beginning, it felt very loosely framed. Almost like it was a sequel with characters we were already expected to know.

As such I felt less engaged at the beginning. Though I did find the 'window in to time/lives' style intriguing as the film got more meat on it's bones.

All together a beautifully acted and written film though.

Jason
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

If Blanchett was in front of me, I'd sit and listen to her read the phone book honestly !!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by madmac
      If Blanchett was in front of me, I'd sit and listen to her read the phone book honestly !!
      She's got that quality doesn't she :T Honey dripped purr of a voice. Sophistication and elegance floating around her like rose petals dancing in a summer breeze.
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"