X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Her" Blu Ray Review

I spun the Movie "Her" last night. I wanted to see this film because of the interesting plot where a lonely man becomes obsessed with a virtual woman operating system. He even falls in love with her (It). 8O With many aspects of our lives becoming more and more virtual every day, this plot is a very possible reality!

This film starts out with a good story with good intentions but fissiles out by the end. However, I will admit that I'm not sure how one could successfully end a film like this. The female virtual voice is done by the lovely Scarlett Johansson and she IS somewhat captivating in this role, even though you can never actually see her.

This film is worth seeing if for no other reason than it's novelty, good acting and overall performances. However at the end of the day, I can only give it a 6/10 because of it's lackluster conclusion.

As well, there is no redeeming advantage to watching this film on Blu Ray. There's no real soundtrack to speak of and the video quality was no better than what I see on most DVD discs.
    Dan Madden :T
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I thought it was quite a nice transfer myself and one of the better films this year. Ending included. I was actually happy Jonze left it open at the end and didn't wrap everything up in a tidy bow.

And yes the soundtrack doesn't have much in the way of "whiz-bang" but it did nail "atmosphere".

I think my favourite part (besides being pretty to look at/well acted/well written/thought provoking etc) was that it just had a great "feel" to it. Jonze nailed it IMO.
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"