• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Under the skin

Watched it last night...wow 8O

It's so different from most modern movies I don't even know how to rate it or even if I should.

It's creepy. it's beautiful. It's stark yet the atmosphere is so thick at times it seems almost oppressive. It's completely original while at the same time reminding you of works of the 70's film making artists like Kubrick, Jodorosky etc. The score/sound effects are intense and constantly unnerving.

I'm not entirely sure what I watched but I enjoyed the @#$% out of what it evoked and can't stop thinking of it. I'm intrigued to watch it again to see how many more details I can manage to absorb amongst the tidal waves of subtlety and commentary on our superficial tendencies.

If you even sometimes enjoy film as an art, you owe it to yourself to watch it. If you live and die by the latest comic book adaptation....maybe not.

Jason
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Wanted to watch it, then forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

• oldbob
      • Aug 2016

"Under the Skin" is a creepy strange movie. I know the critics all brought up Kubrick but, I would say it is more like the logical evolution of David Lynch.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"