X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Slither is more than creepy

... it is downright hilarious. Written and directed by James Gunn, it stars Michael Rooker as the unfortunate local whose body becomes invaded by some slimey critter from outerspace. Elizabeth Banks is his unfortunate wife and Greg Henry is downright funny as the town mayor. Not going to say much more. If you want to see a really funny, gory, creepy sci-fi/horror film in the same vein as Evil Dead, then put this on your viewing list. I laughed my ass off.

:4: out of 5
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

George,

I watched this over the weekend myself. It is everything you have stated. A very enjoyable film. Though I'm a little surprised...this would not have struck me as a movie you would've enjoyed. I'm glad you did none the less.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by John Holmes
      George,

I watched this over the weekend myself. It is everything you have stated. A very enjoyable film. Though I'm a little surprised...this would not have struck me as a movie you would've enjoyed. I'm glad you did none the less.
      My tastes vary quite a bit, John. I do find myself drawn to horror flicks that have a little black humor in them. However, they rarely find themselves in my collection. They're just a minute diversion.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• ahcryky
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
        My tastes vary quite a bit, John. I do find myself drawn to horror flicks that have a little black humor in them. However, they rarely find themselves in my collection. They're just a minute diversion.
        If you want another diversion you might try "Feast" if you haven't seen it...... same kind of campy, gore, "Evil Dead" genre sci-fi/horror film.........

-jim

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by ahcryky
          If you want another diversion you might try "Feast" if you haven't seen it...... same kind of campy, gore, "Evil Dead" genre sci-fi/horror film.........

-jim
          No, I haven't seen that, Jim. I'll keep an eye out for it.
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"