X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

TV Movies - Do You Watch ?

I know from the various posts that many members of HT Guide watch TV. I honestly watch very little. That wasn't always the case. In the 60's and 70's I was an avid tv watcher- especially of movies. Then in the early eighties I got VCR fever and discovered the wonderful world of commercial-free movies. Today , although I've tried, I just cannot stand interruptions to a movie, so I've pretty much given up on tv movies. Now and then they bring the good (made for tv) ones out on tape or dvd, and I rent them and watch them commercial free. And I'm an old advertising guy.I should be ashamed. Advertisers make it possible for us all to enjoy the variety of TV channels at a very low cable or satellite cost. But I can't help it. I just can't handle interruptions to my movies. In fact, I won't even take a phone message when I'm in my home theater. How about you folks ?

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Wireless
    • Feb 2001

I'm with you George! I still watch the occasional sitcom, but can't stand to watch a broadcast movie. After getting use to them on DVD, and before that laser disc, I can't watch with all of the picture noise and commercial interruptions.

John
    My HT Picts
    John
    My HT Picts

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I rarely watch TV movies...actually I don't watch that much TV as is. I do watch sports and a few sitcoms (Xfiles etc) but not that often.

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Well I fit in pretty much all the above. And to add, the drastic difference between the quality of picture from network to network is crazy!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Matt Broeska
          • Nov 2000

agreed. "contact" was on tv a month or 2 ago so i popped it in the dvd player and enjoyed it in it's anamorphic widescreen glory. doing an a/b comparison with tv was a joke!
          Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
          That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Rarely. Occasionally, a movie catches my attention that I flip across, but I am not a hour after hour TV person anymore. I used to be more than I am now, but I stay so busy, and DVD obviously came into play. Since the quality sucks, why not watch one of 300 good quality presentations? I usually do, or listen to music and let the TV stay on for visuals occasionally.

And yes, George, you should be ashaimed! I been thinking about expanding the ads here at the Guide. Say 12 on top and 12 on bottom, you guys haven't got a problem with that have ya?

We will always try to keep it fairly thin.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• MRWILLL
              • Aug 2000

The only (live) shows I watch on TV are sports, and the news. Everything else is sent to the video for a later viewing.

STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
              DVD...Hear it from the people who
              mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".
              STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
              DVD...Hear it from the people who
              mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".

Comment

• Robbie
                • Aug 2000

OK, I'll be different. I do occasionally watch TV movies. Almost always older movies on movie channels. True I'd much prefer to see the movie in all it's DVD glory, that's beyond possibility. I will admit I watch few movies on network TV but I do watch some. I wanted to see that submarine movie (name unknown)last Sunday but had to work. (Big submarine movie fan). What ticks me off the most is the P&S format. I can even live with commercials as they allow potty breaks.

Robbie

Comment

• KennyG
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Sep 2000

I never watch TV movies...three reasons, Pan & Scam, commercial breaks, censorship.
                  There's only one way to see a movie, the way it was made!

Comment

• Huskerduck
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Oct 2000

I will If its an HD movie like Tarzan, Armegeddon, Phenomenon, Ace Ventura or others that arent on The HD Movie channels.........Ive probably seen 5 in the last year

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
                    Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• GregoriusM
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2000

Occasionally. If it is one I feel I won't have a chance to see again or find around town.

Is Montel Williams as movie???
                      Gregor

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"