X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

The Amazing Spiderman 2 review

It was a toss up between renting this film or 'Noah' and I chose this one because I have liked the Spiderman series of films. This one is by far the weakest of the Spiderman series I've seen. This movie is aimed at 13-14 year boys....full of action and special effects. I felt at certain times that I was watching someone playing a video game rather than watching a film.

I didn't like the dude playing Spiderman and he also looks like he's about 14 years old. The pretty girl was better but looked way too old to be with him.

I dunno......it wasn't horrible but it wasn't that great either. I watched this on Blu ray so the sound off of the special effects was pretty good!

Question is.......is that good enough?????

6/10 for a run of the mill, Hollywood action film
    Dan Madden :T
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I actually feel asleep half way through.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
      I actually feel asleep half way through.
      Oh my George!!. Well, the man has spoken and I'm going to assume your rating would be somewhat lower than mine then?.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I should add my two cents.

Yeah, I had mixed feelings about it too.
        Now, I loved the first Amazing Spider-Man. I actually found that to be my favorite superhero movie of that summer (more than Avengers and DK3). It was true to the comics, fun, and Emma Stone is hot. I wanted to like Amazing Spider-Man 2.. but things seemed, I don't know... not all there.
        I've watched it 3 times already, but it's just not as entertaining as the first one. I know the studio has the idea of ending the series with the Sinister Six, but Amazing Spider-Man 2 seemed almost rushed in an effort to establish the Sinister Six.

I bought it just to buy it, but I'm not sure I would recommend buying it.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Guess I'm in the minority. Wasn't the best superhero movie ever, but it was as entertaining as most I've seen (and I've seen just about all of them). Andrew Garfield is in his thirties, incidentally, a number of years older than Emma Stone. Electro's powers are far more interesting than in the comics, so that added to the movie for me (though the potential for an even more interesting use of those powers remained untapped).

Not a 5 star movie by any stretch, but I'd give it 3 1/2 stars.

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

it wasn't as good as the first one but a solid Super Hero Movie nonetheless. I agree with the 3 1/2 stars.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"