X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

The good and the bad

I took a day off work today with a heavy cold which gave me a chance to watch a couple of films:

A Good Year (2006)

This is a light hearted story about a successful money market dealer who goes to rural France for the weekend and discovers what's important in life. I enjoyed it because most of us would like to climb off the treadmill and smell the roses. Apologies for mixing my metaphors there but you know what I mean. It was unusual to see Russell Crowe act in a non-violent, non-serious role for a change. I'll give it 7 stars out of 10. Normally it would have received 5 or 6 stars had I not watched the next film immediately afterwards which was:

Divergent (2014)

The plot of this film is so flawed on so many levels that the film just doesn't make sense. I presume it was aimed at below-average intellect teenagers who probably think it's deep and meaningful. It scores 2 stars out of 10. The most surprising aspect of the film is that I watched it 'til the end. I think I was too unwell to pick up the remote control.

Nigel.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"