X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Jodorowsky's Dune

In 1975, Chilean director Alejandro Jodorowsky, whose films EL TOPO and THE HOLY MOUNTAIN launched and ultimately defined the midnight movie phenomenon, began work on his most ambitious project yet. Starring his own 12 year old son Brontis alongside Orson Welles, Mick Jagger, David Carradine and Salvador Dali, featuring music by Pink Floyd and art by some of the most provocative talents of the era, including HR Giger and Jean 'Moebius' Giraud, Jodorowsky's adaptation of Frank Herbert's classic sci-fi novel DUNE was poised to change cinema forever.

If you're a fan of the Dune stories, you simply must watch this. Jodorowsky's passion for this project comes through by the bucket load. Really excellent job telling the fascinating story of possibly the greatest movie never made and of how much influence he had on all the sci-fi movies to follow.

I hope someday his dream comes true to see an animated version of his vision of Dune. I'd watch the @#$% out of that.
    Jason
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'd love to see this as well!
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

This is on my list too.

Nigel.

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

I started reading the books before Frank Herbert finished the series , and have always watched whatever film 'adaptation' was out there , and always been a little disappointed. Putting all of that book in one (or two) movies is nigh on impossible , and the voiceovers trying to capture the thoughts of the characters drive me nuts. And I'll watch this one at the earliest opportunity , too! LOL. Can't get enough Dune!
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Honestly my only disappointment with the documentary was that there wasn't an announcement at the end of production beginning on an animated version or something. GET ON THIS HOLLYWOOD!
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"