X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

The Bucket list

A long time ago, Carter Chambers' (Morgan Freeman) freshman year philosophy professor suggested that his students compose a "bucket list," a collection of all the things they wanted to do, see and experience in life before they kicked the bucket.

But while Carter was still trying to define his private dreams and plans, reality intruded. Marriage, children, myriad responsibilities and, ultimately, a 46-year job as an auto mechanic gradually turned his concept of a bucket list into little more than a bittersweet memory of lost opportunities and a mental exercise he occasionally thought about to pass the time while working under the hood of a car.

Meanwhile, corporate billionaire Edward Cole (Jack Nicholson) never saw a list without a bottom line. He was always too busy making money and building an empire to think about what his deeper needs might be beyond the next big acquisition or cup of gourmet coffee.

Then life delivered an urgent and unexpected wake-up call to both of them.

The movie starts slow but then catches on, its for mature audience and others would just look at this as a boring tale of two old guys. Sometimes you just need a deadline to get your life in gear.
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The subject matter just does not appeal to this old timer...

The good news: yesterday I had my annual physical and Doc says my blood pressure and heart are as good as a 40 year old. Even my oversized prostate is fine...
    My Homepage!

Comment

• saurabh
      • Feb 2005

Well thats good news, lets drink to that

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
      The subject matter just does not appeal to this old timer...

The good news: yesterday I had my annual physical and Doc says my blood pressure and heart are as good as a 40 year old. Even my oversized prostate is fine...
      Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by saurabh
        Well thats good news, lets drink to that
        Absolutely... :^x
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Just watched this, this week, on BD. In addition to being a very good movie, the quality of the BD was EXCELLENT. The opening scenes are of snowy mountains, supposedly the Himalayas. Shot in HD, they are SPECTACULAR, very reminiscent of the "Over Alaska" series and such.

Strongly recommended on BD.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"