X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Review of "Jobs" DVD

I spun this on DVD yesterday and I must say first off, that Kutcher's resemblance to Steve Jobs is utterly uncanny in this film!!. Damn,,,,, does he ever look like the dude!. After this fact, the movie somewhat 'fizzles' and fails to engage. I'm not sure why.....but......it just does. It has a lot of Bruuu....haha moments of 'I love Apple' and standing ovations to Steve's many "We are going to change the World" speeches. Everybody that knows me knows that I do not buy into the whole Apple hysteria. Over rated by far!!. I've played with their stuff and hate their interface and overall appearance (Go ahead and flame me!!). I dunno.....I think the problem with this film lies with the script and the direction. Plus, it peters off after Jobs gets booted out of the company and then re-hired. I would have liked a complete history of his life right up to his family life and death from cancer. I think with a better script and direction, this could have been a MUCH better film.

6/10 stars for this movie (At best!):roll:
    Dan Madden :T
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by madmac
    I think the problem with this film lies with the script and the direction
    Whats left?
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mjb
      Whats left?
      Well.......Kutcher really looks like Jobs with those eye glasses and beard !!!!.........That's what!!.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yeah, this review is kinda what I've heard about the film so far. I'll watch it when it comes out on TV.

Originally posted by madmac
        I think the problem with this film lies with the script and the direction
        Originally posted by mjb
        Whats left?
        T&A.

Probably not a lot of it in this movie, though.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"