X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

2 Guns

Denzel Washington is an undercover DEA agent, and Mark Wahlberg is undercover for the military, each pretending to be partners in crime while using the other in an effort to bring down a drug cartel boss. Many light moments and even a few chuckles in the antics of both Wahlberg and Washington, but also some serious moments and plenty of action. I found the film quite enjoyable and give it a 4 out of 5 thumbs up . :T:T:T:T
    My Homepage!
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Had a feeling this would be up your alley. Not much time for movies lately (semester is ending soon, though, and my big break is in winter, not summer, so I plan to catch up on my film watching--this will doubtless be on my list).

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Denzel is one of the best at this genre.

The other actor who I think has this type of character nailed is Jean Reno
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Bill: hard to disagree there.

Paul : This probably won't be at the top of your list, but I am glad to hear it is on it. You won't be disappointed.

I was intrigued by the teaming of Washington and Wahlberg. I wasn't sure it would work but I was wrong. There seemed to be great chemistry between the two. Made me want to see a sequel. Maybe the studio has that in mind.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Looked like just ANOTHER cop/buddy movie. Is it truly more than that George?
          Jason

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by aud19
            Looked like just ANOTHER cop/buddy movie. Is it truly more than that George?
            The difference here is Denzel, Jason, otherwise it would be just another cop/buddy movie.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
              Bill: hard to disagree there.

Paul : This probably won't be at the top of your list, but I am glad to hear it is on it. You won't be disappointed.

I was intrigued by the teaming of Washington and Wahlberg. I wasn't sure it would work but I was wrong. There seemed to be great chemistry between the two. Made me want to see a sequel. Maybe the studio has that in mind.
              Sequel? Guess I can rule out a Butch and Sundance ending then. :lol:

Comment

• madmac
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2010

I'll check this one out!!........that is......if my new RPTV lamp works out!!??.....ACK!!
                Dan Madden :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
                  Sequel? Guess I can rule out a Butch and Sundance ending then. :lol:
                  Aw heck, I shoulda spoilered it...:lol:
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2010

I spun this the other day and turned it off about an hour in. For whatever reason, I found it irritating and somewhat boring. I just couldn't get into it..........'click' !. Tonight I will be watching "Red2" and will advise on that one tomorrow.
                    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Ovation
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

Watched this yesterday. Quite enjoyed it. Bill Paxton was amusing in his role. Not a classic, but a fair bit of fun.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
                        Watched this yesterday. Quite enjoyed it. Bill Paxton was amusing in his role. Not a classic, but a fair bit of fun.
                        Yeah, pretty much the way I saw it. I forgot to mention Paxton: an over the top performance.
                        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"