X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Walking Dead" on DVD

I have been spinning this series on DVD for a bit now (Just finished season 2). The zombie action scenes are well done. Sometimes, the soap opera interactions between the actors and actresses can get tiring but......I can tolerate that. What is getting VERY bothersome is the stupidity!. I just can't handle the stupid things that the characters do and say! (There are too many examples to mention). It's kinda' like what started to happen in the series "Lost". I just stopped watching it at one point because it became just to silly and stupid.

I figure I'll watch season 3 and see just how dumb it becomes and maybe stop there. Must admit though that it's an appropriate show for this Halloween time of year!!. :lol:
    Dan Madden :T
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Resurrecting this thread, as I finished my previous series i was watching, and decided to move on to this one, as I had heard good things. Boy, I'm glad I did. I'm still in a serious binge, getting close to the end of season 4. I think it started ok, as a typical zombie apocalypse scenario, but I liked the human aspect and character development they put into it.

Really started to pick up in season 3, and now in season 4 it's getting great. Some exceptional character backstories here and there throughout the series, and now some very human expose stories developing, such as the offshoot of Darryl and Beth, stranded after a tragic event of the group.

I could see how some viewers may not like how the stories become splintered, as characters get separated from each other and go through separate experiences. But I think in such an apocalypse, those things would happen for real, and I find it interesting. The part that I wonder is contrived or not, is the extent that many characters and groups devolve into not just lawlessness, but animalistic selfish brutality. While I'd like to think that humanity as a whole would not sink that far if society no longer existed, I do have to wonder if in reality it would.

DO NOT SPOIL THE SERIES, if you're caught up to current episodes. I'm excited to keep watching.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

While I'd like to think that humanity as a whole would not sink that far if society no longer existed, I do have to wonder if in reality it would.
      Black Friday at Wal Mart or Sanders supporters at a Trump rally. I don't have much faith in humanity now. I can't imagine small pockets of these self absorbed twits in a zombie apocalypse. Although, the survivors may be made of sterner stuff. LOL My daughter loves the show and a lot of critics agree so I may have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

It gets better. That is all. If you thought other season cliffhangers were nail biters, this season's cliffhanger is a killer!
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Even though I'm a TV series junkie, I walked away from this one. It just got too stupid for me........just like 'Lost' did. However I will admit that millions like it........just like 'Survivor' etc. Good for them, different strokes for different folks.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Alaric
            Black Friday at Wal Mart or Sanders supporters at a Trump rally. I don't have much faith in humanity now. I can't imagine small pockets of these self absorbed twits in a zombie apocalypse. Although, the survivors may be made of sterner stuff. LOL
            Yeah, I can't imagine though, that the nimwits of society would have the intestinal or moral fortitude to survive. Nor the majority of today's society, excessively entitled and completely dependent upon other people and things for every bit of their life, to be willing or able to provide for themselves. I thought it was interesting that in the first season, the show even repeatedly took the stance of "guns are bad", even as they showed them necessary for defense and provisions in that world. I think the moochers and intellectually deluded would only last a matter of days after an apocalypse, before the harsh reality of the world literally tore them apart. Heck, people like that often can't even survive today, with life being spoonfed to them by society every day.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

^+1. I fear that in the event of an apocalyptic event most of the last two generations are accurately represented as food in The Walking Dead. Anyone who needs a "safe place" because they heard certain words becomes an agricultural commodity if the poop hits the global fan.
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Well, poo. Netflix only has up through season 5. The only way I've found to watch season 6 is Amazon Prime, paying $42 or something for the season. Doesn't seem worth it. But I need to catch up...
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• P-Dub
                  Office Moderator
                  • Aug 2000

There's no back episodes from the AMC app?

It looks like you can stream Season 6 episodes 9-16 from AMC.com

The page you requested was not found. Enjoy the latest shows, movies and shorts on the AMC homepage.

It looks to be available for the next 20 days, but you have to have a valid cable provider from the US. Not sure if it is the same for the mobile app.

Episodes 1-8 are good and it wouldn't be so bad if you saved watching episode 16 just before for the start of Season 7. You will thank me.
                  Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Yeah... unfortunately, AMC doesn't recognize Dish Satellite TV as a provider. It does have DirecTV. So, it looks like no streaming for me, until Netflix (or others) have season 6+ available. And that means I can't watch the new season when it shows on TV, because I'll have missed an entire season inbetween.

So I've moved on to a couple other shows. The 100. Now the 4400. I'm not about to pay extra for shows, on top of internet costs and streaming provider fees. That'll be the case for other recent shows, too, so I guess I'm stuck catching up on streaming shows that have been off the air for a while.
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"