X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinball_wizard
    • Aug 2004

B&K and Rotel found at thrift store

I was in the local thrift store today and I, unbelieveably, found a B&K St 1430, working, a Rotel RB 980BX, working, and a Parasound HCA 1200 series ii. 25 bucks for the parasound, wich is in shut down, 75 each for the others. Never, ever, have I found a deal like that before.
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

Lucky for you!!! I guess some moron didn't know the value. I'm sure most people never heard of Rotel, B&K, etc... A lot of people think if an electronic is not Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc..., it is some cheap crap.
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hi Pete, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

That's amazing - a Parasound for 25 bucks!?!?!?!? 8O You may have to spend a bit to get it back to par, but still. . . . Congratulations!

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• mj1856
        • Jul 2004

That's really cool! Congrats!

So, did you just stumble upon this thrift store by accident? How does one find thrift stores with decent electronics? Usually I'm only there with the wife, and all the electronics stuff is old TV's, ancient computers, etc.

How did you get so lucky???

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

That's an amazing haul!

Comment

• Paul H
            • Feb 2004

If you're looking to sell any of that just drop me an email - I'll offer you a 100% profit sight unseen

Congrats,

Paul

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I'll go 125% on the Parasound. :

Comment

• pinball_wizard
                • Aug 2004

It's a thrift store that I go in every few days- sometimes they have old video games, like atari 2600, etc. they have never had anything like this before. Right place at the right time I guess. I just happened to walk over to the tv section, and there it was. Going back today to see if they got any cables, etc

Comment

• gd
                  • Jan 2003

Lemme know if you run across a prepro with video upconversion, DPL2x, and dual multichannel-in's while you're at it...
                  greg (gd to you)
                  Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                  production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• pinball_wizard
                    • Aug 2004

hehe. I think I'll keep it at that price. Not to rub it in, but I got one more piece today- B&K avp 3090- 75 bucks. Now my question is this- do I really even need that thing? For what it's worth I talked to the thrift store guy (without giving it away obviously)- he told me they came in on a truck with a bunch of misc stuff, in the boxes- he thought they were new but obviously they were not. Sort of makes that pricing more amusing though..hehe.

Comment

• David Meek
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Okay, will you at least go to the horse-track with me? You've obviously got "the luck". :B A 3090? Sweet.

Comment

• Rock Dog
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2003

That's wild!!! Like said above. I'll bet they didn't know what they had. And since it didn't say Sony or Bose, they figured it was in line with Funai, Craig and Audiovox. :rofl:
                        -Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"