KLLING SEASON ( not the tv series ) the film, oh, dear...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

KLLING SEASON ( not the tv series ) the film, oh, dear...

Robert De Niro and John Travolta together for the first time in a one on one combat drama. How could it lose ? Oh, dear, but it does. Travolta is a Serbian veteran and De Niro an American colonel who was charged with the responsibility of executing Travolta's character. But Travolta survives and after the war he is hell bent on revenge, searches for and finds De Niro who has become a recluse living simply in the wilderness. It sounds great, but an over pretentious screenplay and too much mumbling dialogue ruin what could have been something special. De Niro, given what he had to work with, does a great job of underplaying the role. Travolta as the Serbian vet ( looking strange with an odd shaped beard ) seeking revenge just didn't convince me. But don't take my word for this. You may like it. There is some great cinematography and enough action to break up the sometimes monotonous dialogue. But for me it only gets a 2 for effort out of 5.
    My Homepage!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"