X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

The Scorpion King (Dear Lord)

I guess my hopes were too high. They obviously were shooting for a Conan type story but fell very short of the mark. The soundtrack was this in your face heavy metal mix and then sometimes a Rocky Jazz Orchestra thing and was sooooo out of place in the context of the movie. The opening sets the tone of the movie, which, BTW is the crappiest thing I've seen in a long time. The Rock was the best thing in the movie he is very charismatic....I would like to see him do something else that is better written. The story is extremely weak, the dialogue is WAY too cheesy.

The credits explained everything when I saw that Vince McMahon was Executive Producer.

I guess I can best sum it up as: I purchased The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. I will not buy The Scorpion King.

Solid C-
    Don't waste your money...not sure if it's even worth a rental

"A RONSTER!"
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I am not surprised one bit. A friend of mine and I have been going back and forth (viewing the trailers) about this film. He was very hyped and I had my reservastions.

We both enjoyed the Mummy. We split on the Mummy II (which I thought it to be cheesy compared to the first). Not only was the little boy annoying through out but, "The Scorpion King" part in the film seemed very out of place to me. And don't get me started on the CGI for the Scopion King. :LOL:

All in all (keeping in mind that I have yet to see the actual film), I did not expect anything from this one.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I pretty much echo John's thoughts on this.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"