X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Killing Them Softly

From what I've read, this is a film that the critics loved but the audience not so in the majority. Brad Pitt stars as a hit man whose job it is to eradicate three idiots who run afoul of the mob. Man was this a talkie movie. Talk Talk Talk, and much of which does little to advance the plot. Acting was good, and when there's action it is great stuff, but the rest of the film I found a bit dreary. But that's just me. If I recall correctly, Rotten Tomatoes gave it 76% critics, but only 49% audience, so maybe the audience, like me, was expecting something different. Suggest you rent before you buy just to be sure this is your cup of tea.
    My Homepage!
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I'll probably like it (I often end up liking films where critics like them more than the general audience--maybe there's a critic inside me waiting to bust out). My wife started watching this on a flight and gave up (another strong indicator that I'll probably like this movie as she and I don't have much overlap in our movie tastes).

Curious about one thing--if you didn't like it very much, why the thumbs up?

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

You'll note, Paul, that it was a cautious thumbs up. I didn't dislike it enough to give it a thumbs down, so instead went with a cautious warning that perhaps you should rent before you buy. I liked the cast, and felt that when they shut their traps and did something, the movie became interesting.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

I thought it was a great movie, definitely not really an action movie. The acting was top notch though and while the story was a bit slow at points it was always interesting and not overly predictable.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"