Detachment

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003
    • 16706

    #1

    Detachment



    [YOUTUBE]t9DO8oUBalQ[/YOUTUBE]

    Definitely not a "feel good" movie. No rainbows and lollipops here but a supremely well done and well acted movie about modern North American society. Not quite on par with say American Beauty in that regard but still pretty damn good and Brody is stellar as always.

    I'm also man enough to admit I teared up in a couple scenes.
    Jason
  • Chris D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2000
    • 16875

    #2
    Huh... we really liked American History X. Might check this out.
    CHRIS

    Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

    Comment

    • Hdale85
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 16133

      #3
      American History X was so brutal at times, it was hard to stomach through but I have to say I'm glad I watched it.

      Comment

      • George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001
        • 7636

        #4
        Originally posted by aud19
        Definitely not a "feel good" movie. No rainbows and lollipops here but a supremely well done and well acted movie about modern North American society. Not quite on par with say American Beauty in that regard but still pretty damn good and Brody is stellar as always.

        I'm also man enough to admit I teared up in a couple scenes.
        Since the loss of my wife earlier this year, I have carefully avoided those non feel good movies, but I really like character study films so I will probably give this one a go and take my chances.
        My Homepage!

        Comment

        • madmac
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 3122

          #5
          Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
          Since the loss of my wife earlier this year, I have carefully avoided those non feel good movies, but I really like character study films so I will probably give this one a go and take my chances.

          I am extremely sorry for your loss George. It must be very difficult.
          Dan Madden :T

          Comment

          • George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001
            • 7636

            #6
            Originally posted by madmac
            I am extremely sorry for your loss George. It must be very difficult.
            It is, Dan. Thank you for your kind words.
            My Homepage!

            Comment

            • aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003
              • 16706

              #7
              If you think you're ready George, give it a go, it's a great movie. It will likely bring some raw emotions to the surface though, so no rush if you aren't. The movie will till be there when you are

              Like I said, it got me pretty worked up in parts. It's not something I think I'd want to watch often because of that but I'm leaning towards keeping it in the collection as I thought it was that well done.

              Best to you George
              Jason

              Comment

              • George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001
                • 7636

                #8
                Thanks, Jason. I'll keep your words in mind.
                My Homepage!

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                • Ovation
                  TURN--entertaining colonial American history series
                  by Ovation
                  Available on Netflix (in Canada, at any rate) and various other media, TURN is a series (four seasons) set during the American Revolution. As I have been prepping a fall course on US History to Reconstruction, I have been looking for suitable excerpts to illustrate various aspects of the colonial/revolutionary...
                  06 September 2017, 19:16 Wednesday
                • Johnloudb
                  What YouTube Music Video are You Listening to?
                  by Johnloudb
                  Okay, I have to admit I'm a bit stupid and naive about YouTube. ops: I just thought it was mostly people posting their home movies, political opinions, and such. Anyhoo, Russ L mentioned he looked up some music on YouTube, and I decided to check out KT Tunstall on YouTube, after Russ recommended...
                  09 December 2008, 01:07 Tuesday
                • P-Dub
                  Youtube browsing
                  by P-Dub
                  So I'm wondering how do people browse on Youtube?

                  I have noticed that over time Youtube changes their browsing categories. I'm sure they've been doing it for years, but over the past day it's changed again.

                  Now I just see Popular on Youtube, Music, Sports, Gaming, Education...
                  19 March 2014, 16:03 Wednesday
                • wkhanna
                  American Sniper
                  by wkhanna
                  This past weekend, The Wife & I made the rare venture to the cinema for this one.

                  Lots of chatter out there on this film.

                  It seems to have riled up much emotion on both sides of the political, moral & patriot chasm.
                  Sadly, I see this polarizing result more as...
                  28 January 2015, 19:40 Wednesday
                • Navy Guy
                  New YouTube Channel on Speaker Designing How To's
                  by Navy Guy
                  Hey guys, I've heard some people in the past (at least on Parts Express Tech Talk) request video explainers on how to use some of the software out there so I've decided to start a YouTube channel for exactly that. I don't have all my gear here, so I'm starting with Woofer Box and Circuit Designer, WinISD,...
                  17 April 2016, 15:25 Sunday
                • Loading...
                • No more items.
                Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                  Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                  Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"