X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Navy Guy
    • Oct 2014

New YouTube Channel on Speaker Designing How To's

Hey guys, I've heard some people in the past (at least on Parts Express Tech Talk) request video explainers on how to use some of the software out there so I've decided to start a YouTube channel for exactly that. I don't have all my gear here, so I'm starting with Woofer Box and Circuit Designer, WinISD, and how to model a crossover using published graphs. In the next couple of months when I get back home, I plan to add how to measure with OmniMic, Holm, and other topics that anyone might find interesting. I know a lot of you already know how to do this, but it might be a nice place to start for the beginners. So without further ado, here is my very first YouTube video:

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Cool. I'll have to check it out.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• 5th element
      Supreme Being Moderator
      • Sep 2009

Yeah guides are always excellent to have!
      What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
      5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
      Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• DJW
        • Dec 2013

Yeah! Guys like me could use this to help in understanding the basics of modeling software. It's nice to have the visuals to look at instead of just trying to glean information from posts all the time. One thing though... The background music was a little distracting. You might want to turn it down a bit to make it easier to hear you. Other wise, well done!

Comment

• meb46
          • Jul 2010

Great idea...

Comment

• Navy Guy
            • Oct 2014

New YouTube Channel on Speaker Designing How To's

Originally posted by DJW
            Yeah! Guys like me could use this to help in understanding the basics of modeling software. It's nice to have the visuals to look at instead of just trying to glean information from posts all the time. One thing though... The background music was a little distracting. You might want to turn it down a bit to make it easier to hear you. Other wise, well done!
            I cut the background music from my following videos. You weren't the only person who mentioned this. I've got the next two up now with one more to come on WBCD.

Comment

• flamethrower1
              • May 2008

Great videos, very helpful and inspiring.
              I have been messing around with the programing for a while from your instructions and it has helped me understand the aspect of driver modeling.
              Thank you.
              I do have one question for anyone who may be using this program.
              What magical box do you have to check to model a sealed box?

Comment

• Navy Guy
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by flamethrower1
                Great videos, very helpful and inspiring.
                I have been messing around with the programing for a while from your instructions and it has helped me understand the aspect of driver modeling.
                Thank you.
                I do have one question for anyone who may be using this program.
                What magical box do you have to check to model a sealed box?
                Just under the section to input the T/S parameters there is a gray box that says "Box Mode: Vented" which you can click on to change to sealed or passive designs. Part 3 is up on YouTube which explains sealed designs and sealed using amplifier boost.

Comment

• flamethrower1
                  • May 2008

Yeah, maybe the program I down loaded is corrupted or something.
                  When I click on that box it just goes to the driver page.
                  You got a link for a good source of this program.

Thanks,Greg

Comment

• flamethrower1
                    • May 2008

Also tried the "unprotect document" in the review tab and then it asks me for a password

Comment

• flamethrower1
                      • May 2008

Ok added the Analysis toolpack, now when I try to change to sealed box I get a warning
                      cannot run the macro Wofferbox and circuit designer 5.xlsm'!boxmode'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.
                      Any ideas?

Comment

• Navy Guy
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by flamethrower1
                        Ok added the Analysis toolpack, now when I try to change to sealed box I get a warning
                        cannot run the macro Wofferbox and circuit designer 5.xlsm'!boxmode'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.
                        Any ideas?
                        If you are on a Windows based computer, you need to manually enable macros in the settings. IIRC, you go to settings and it is under the security section. I can try and check tonight on my Windows laptop when I get home to make sure. The link in the comments section of the video is the best link to download. It has some additional information:

"Note: The file requires Excel 97 or higher with Service Pack 1 and 2 installed and must have the Analysis Toolpak installed in the add-ins. The program includes a dll file named "fftdll.dll" that is used to speed up the function of the impulse response calculations. This file should be placed in your Excel default folder. (The impulse response will run without this file, it will only run slower). Some foreign versions of Excel have not been able to run this program. There have been issues reported when running this program in Excel 2007. If you have Office 2007 make sure all service packs are installed."

Comment

• flamethrower1
                          • May 2008

I have windows and have enabled the macros, downloaded the 1 service pack for office 2013.
                          Maybe it is the dll file thing, how do I place it in my Excel default folder?
                          I do not get the pop up window saying that it cant run the macro, it just switches to the driver page when I try to switch it to sealed, frustrating

Comment

• BobEllis
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Dec 2005

Totally grasping at straws but I remember something about needing the analysis tool pack for some spreadsheets. Go to install, modify installation and add all the tools to be sure. For some reason default installation doesn't include all the tools.

Comment

• Navy Guy
                              • Oct 2014

I think there was something about enabling Visual Basic as well when I first installed. You don't have to have the .dll file to run correctly so that shouldn't be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Navy Guy
                                • Oct 2014

Btw, if this doesn't work for you, my next video set is probably going to be on WinISD, which doesn't need excel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"