X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Skyline

This is one movie to avoid. An alien invasion plot where if you look at the pretty blue light you get sucked away. I didn't care for the characters, a good chunk of time at the beginning of the movie is wasted on some lame character development via a flash back. 15 hours ago....

I just checked the run time and it says 94 minutes! Holy crap, take out the wasted 15 min of initial character development and the 5 to 7 min of credits. You have about 74 min of material, with some other edits it would be down to an hour pretty easy.

Here's the end, and I'll put in a spoiler tag just incase somebody doesn't want to know.

The main character and his girlfriend get sucked into the alien ship. The main character has been infected and transformed into an alien, but hears his pregnant girlfriend screaming and comes to her rescue. So the end scene is the girlfriend realizing it's the boyfriend that has been turned into an alien. End scene and credits...

Basically the ending was a setup to launch into a second movie.

Luckily it was a previously view purchase, so only wasted like $7.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Oh, yes, this movie started and I thought, "ah, this one could be good!"

... and then it steadily went downhill. One of the most stupid endings ever.

Hated it.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"