X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

HORRIBLE BOSSES rocks...

A fantastic cast starring Jason Bateman, Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis, plus Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Aniston, Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx in small roles with high performance values. Bateman, Day and Sudeikis are friends with bosses from hell, namely Spacey, Aniston and Farrell. They hatch a plan to murder their bosses and all hell breaks loose. I laughed like hell through out the entire film. Spacy is fantastic as is Farrell. And Jennifer, well I have never seen her in a role like this. She is HOT, HOT, HOT. I bought it on blu-ray ( fantastic transfer ) and will play it again soon.
    A huge :T
    My Homepage!
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Yeah that roll was definitely a different type the Jennifer normally does, but she did a good job.

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Just watched this last night.
      Pretty good laughs. Jennifer was... wow! I never thought I would think of her as THAT hot. Her character was great. Some pretty funny characters in this movie. Worth a watch.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Industrial
        • Mar 2009

I quite enjoyed it as well and I'm not much into comedies.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Another going in the cue, thanks :T
          Jason

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Watched it on PPV tonight. Eh... honestly, I thought it was so-so. Maybe I'm getting old, but I thought part was contrived. Some was pretty funny, though.

And yes, Jennifer was QUITE smokin' in this movie.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D
              Maybe I'm getting old, but I thought part was contrived.
              Isn't most stuff contrived today ? What made the difference in this one for me was the off the wall performances by Kevin Spacey, Colin Farrell and sweetie pie, Jennifer. Just hilarious.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Hi-def Jennifer? I'm in.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
                  Hi-def Jennifer? I'm in.
                  And you have never seen her as she is in this film, Paul. She's worth the price of the purchase or rental. :T
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

When I can make time (only movies I seem to watch these days are work related), this one will be high on my list. Perhaps even next week.

Comment

• aud19
                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2003

Well I found it pretty amusing...the wife, less so :lol:

Jennifer did certainly keep your attention in the scenes she was in!
                      Jason

Comment

• Ovation
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2004

Just watched it (had a couple of free hours in a row--rare thing these days).

One--Jennifer is hot, hot, HOT. Wow.

Two--The actors were all well-cast (Jamie Foxx was great).

Three--Wasn't as amusing as I thought it would be. I liked it, but (apart from hi-def Jennifer) I saw no reason to revisit this anytime soon. There were a number of funny set pieces but it felt more like a series of skits than a seamless whole. This can be said, of course, of many comedies and they are still enjoyable (some are even fantastic) but, for me, it was a bit uneven. I guess I was hoping it would be a little less "safe", given the premise. The concept had the potential for a bit darker humour and the cast would have been up to the task. Worth a viewing but unless I see it in the 4.99$ bin (for the benefit of hi-def Jennifer), not a purchase for me.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2001

I know what you are saying, Paul. I was just floored by the performances and because of that I'll enjoy watching it again. Story-wise, if other actors were involved, I'd probably have written it off as, as you said, just a series of skits.
                          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"