X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Dilemma not what many expected

Because of the way it was marketed, and considering that the stars, Kevin James ( King Of Queens fame ) in particular, do comedy, many went to see this and were disappointed. First thing you have to understand, this is a Ron Howard film, and Howard's films are most always character driven pieces. The Dilemma is no different.
    Vince Vaughan and Kevin James are best friends and in business together. However, when Vaughan sees James' wife, Winona Ryder, cheating , he goes through hell, literally, trying to find a way to tell his best friend the truth without destroying their friendship.

There are comedic moments in this film, but the comedy comes naturally through character cause and effect. More so, it is a drama with a few laughs thrown in. Watch it this way and you should enjoy this film. Very good acting with believable characters. :T
    My Homepage!
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Based on the way you have described it George, I would be more inclined to rent it now. Normally I would consider films with Vince Vaughan in them to be on the 'low brow' side of the movie spectrum. This one now sounds interesting to me!.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"