X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

The Losers mildly diverting

Saw this recently. Looks and sounds great on BD. Mildly entertaining while it's on but I have no desire to watch it again. A decent rental when you're looking for an action movie that isn't too long (just over 90mins. so you'll still have time to do something else that day) but nothing that is worth a serious detour.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I've been passing over this one, unsure if it was worth a go. Sometime when I can't find anything else, I'll give it a try.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Meh... I really didn't like it all that much. I don't even know if it was worth a rental.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

I'm a bit of a Zoƫ Saldana fan (especially in hi-def ). Otherwise, I probably would have given it a pass. I originally thought, when I first heard it was based on a DC comics series, it was a WWII movie (when I was a kid, The Losers were a squad deployed in a variety of "suicide missions" across both major theatres of WWII), so I wasn't really enamoured with a radical change--I was more forgiving, later on, when I learned it was based on a different series with the same name).

In any event, as I noted, it isn't worth a major effort to catch. With low enough expectations, though, it works as the cinematic equivalent of an "airport novel".

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"