X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Crazy Heart is worth your while

Jeff Bridges stars as Bad Blake, a down and out country singer with a self-abusive lifestyle. He's warned that unless he stops drinking ( he's definitely an alcoholic ), smoking and loses some weight, he'll be a dead man. But after four failed marriages and a career that's on the skids, he just doesn't care anymore. But when he meets a young lady ( Maggie Gyllenhaal ) and her small son, he falls for her in a big way. Though his life is better with her in it, his self abuse continues until an incident, involving Gyllenhaal's little boy, causes him to take drastic measures to turn things around.

It's a powerhouse performance by Bridges ( hey, he won an Oscar ) and the supporting cast is great,too, with smaller roles by Robert Duvall and Colin Farrell that make their mark. But most of all, whether you like bluesy country music or not, the music in this film is fantastic. The man behind the music is the renowned T-Bone Burnett who can write anything from country to rock to blues. I rented this but now I have to own it.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot to mention that Bridges can sing.

A huge :T
    My Homepage!
  • H.Donald
    • Aug 2004

I enjoyed this movie a great deal...

Jeff Bridges was amazing,and yeah...who knew the guy could sing.
    I have already purchased the great soundtrack.The only downside to the movie and soundtrack...I could not keep the song,'somebody else' out of my head.I wound up suddenly singing it for days...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by H.Donald
      The only downside to the movie and soundtrack...I could not keep the song,'somebody else' out of my head.I wound up suddenly singing it for days...
      Same here, Herman.
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"