• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Box... push the button and...

...somebody dies.

This perplexing little film is based on a short story by Richard Matheson and is something I would have expected to see on the old Rod Serling Twilight Zone TV series. It stars Cameron Diaz and James Marsden as a husband and wife presented with a unique problem after a box is delivered to their residence by an odd stranger ( Frank Langella ). The box has a button and if they push it they will receive one million dollars. The problem, however, is that once the button is pushed, someone they don't know will die.

Do they push the button ? Does someone die ? Well I'm not giving anything away by saying that yes, they do push the button. What kind of a movie would it be if they hadn't ? So, yes, the button is pushed but what follows is a sequence of events that none of us would really want to go through. Some may have a little trouble getting their head around this film, but I have to say, I rather enjoyed it. So I give it a :T with the caution that it's not for everybody.
    My Homepage!
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Yeah I actually found this movie to be quite interesting and had a few twists you didn't expect coming. I originally thought it wouldn't be that good based on the trailers and what not but I was surprised.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Funniest video of last year:

[YOUTUBE]KiFKm6l5-vE[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Good one, Kevin. :lol:
        My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

George, this was an episode of either the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits. I don't remember which though.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
            George, this was an episode of either the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits. I don't remember which though.
            You're correct, Tex. I Googled and found the Matheson short story " Button, Button " was made into an episode of Twilight Zone. There was something about the idea behind the film that was familiar to me and now I know why. There were a lot of other great episodes of Twilight Zone that would make interesting movies today. Would be nice to see.
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"