X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

What Doesn't Kill You--Blu-ray

Just finished watching it. Good character piece (true story). Set in South Boston--nothing that hasn't been seen before (Mystic River and The Departed being two recent, "flashier" examples). However, this film has an authentic feel to it (I grew up fairly close to Boston) and is a more intimate portrait of the setting and characters than the other two films. May not stand up to repeat viewings, necessarily, but certainly worth a rental.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I was thinking about renting that one.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Not an action movie, just so you know. Much more a "glimpse into life in..." kind of story--with authentic characters and settings. No one is especially likable in this movie, so anyone looking for a "hero" or "sympathetic character" may be disappointed.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

I'd watch a character-driven story over an action one any day of the week. Thanks for the heads up, though. Others here will obviously feel differently than I.
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"