X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Righteous Kill......Justified?

Wife & I watched our Netflix DVD this week.

Typical awesome character development by two of best actors ever in film history. Storyline was a bit slow to develop, & many will find it V easy to unravel early on. Still, a decent twist towards the end.

Overall, a film defiantly made to capitalize on the appearance of the two icons together and produce a guaranteed return on investment for a nominal fee. When my wife asked why they would make a film like this, one she felt made her feel like she was watching an R rated version of CSI or some other such stylized made-for-TV show, I asked how much fun the guys probably had hanging out and working together. It was probably more like going to Summer camp than working for them, and an easy way to provided some extra to the tuition fund for their great grand kids.

I give it 2 ½.
    Rent it before you consider buying.

As always, JMHO
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I bought it, Bill , not because it is a great film, but because we may never see these two greats together again. I was disappointed in the story, and I'm sure just a few short years ago, these guys would have turned down this script. And the director, John Avnet is no Michael Mann ( Heat ). But, look, there can't be many good roles for men in their age bracket. And these are two classy work-horses who would likely go crazy if they could no longer act. So, sure they did it for the money, but more than anthing they did it for the opportunity to work together again and to JUST PLAIN WORK.

I have it on Blu-ray and will watch it several more times, just for the pleasure of watching these to two strut their stuff.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I enjoyed this film a lot more than I thought I would based on various write-ups I'd read. The plot was nothing exceptional, but the pleasure I had in watching these two actors move through their roles, watching the subtleties as they played off each other was extremely fulfilling. I give it :35: stars based solely on their performances in an otherwise forgettable film.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
        I give it :35: stars based solely on their performances in an otherwise forgettable film.
        I'd concur with that, Tex.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Wouldn't it be fun to see them paired together in more films with more substantial stories and a better hand on the director's baton? :yesnod:

I mean Heat was a fantastic ride, for example.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"