X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Transporter 3

I picked up the blu-ray last week and got to watch it the other day.

The movie itself was much better than the second one. Still exaggerated, but not as unrealistic as the second movie. I enjoyed it.

The part that stood out to me was the picture quality. This is easily the best picture quality I've seen in any blu-ray movie to this date! Most of the scenes, I just stared at the quality and thought "wow!"

Good action movie. Might be just rent-worthy for some, but definitely worth keeping for the PQ.

That's all I have to say about that. :T
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I agree. This was a lot better than part 2. the whole car flipping to remove a bomb kinda ruined it for me...
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Agree with both of you. Not as good as number one but better than number two. Also agree on the PQ. The sound is a killer, too. I wasn't all that keen on the fast camera zooming in thing. I wouldn't have minded it on occasion, but it happens all too frequently for me. Too gimmicky.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

All right, since you are all saying it was a good bit better than the second, I'll give 'er a chance. That movie and Crank almost turned me away from any Jason Statham effort. :roll:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
          That movie and Crank almost turned me away from any Jason Statham effort. :roll:
          Yeah, Crank in particular. Just didn't do anything for me.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

I found it mildly amusing (as I do all his films that I've seen). I consider them "empty calorie cinematic junk food" that are worth the bargain bin prices I've paid for a few of the titles, but I would never spring for "sticker price" for any of them.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Ovation
              "empty calorie cinematic junk food"
              Paul, that's the PERFECT description! :lol:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• robert L
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Ovation
                I found it mildly amusing (as I do all his films that I've seen). I consider them "empty calorie cinematic junk food" that are worth the bargain bin prices I've paid for a few of the titles, but I would never spring for "sticker price" for any of them.
                then u would just love Death Race!...lol, i acually found death race entertaining, another great jason stathom quality bluray

Comment

• Ovation
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

I enjoyed the campy original (Death Race 2000) so I fully intend to watch the new one at some point (I'm a big fan of Joan Allen as well). If I see a copy in a bargain bin, I'll likely pick it up but it will at least be a rental.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"