X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Closing The Ring... an intriguing story

Stars Shirley MacLaine and Christopher Plummer. It's set in 1943 and 1993 and the story goes back and forth, keeping you glued to you chair trying to figure out why MacLaine, who during the war years was madly in love with a young bomber pilot, yet is indifferent at the funeral of her husband in 1993. What happened to MacLaine ? Well it involves a ring lost in a plane crash in Ireland, and moreso it involves the promise she made to her pilot lover/husband, and the toll that promise takes on her life. To tell you any more would spoil one helluva well crafted story that , while throwing red herrings at you, takes you by the hand and leads you to a tension-filled and satisfying conclusion. It's beautifully directed by Richard Attenborough and wonderfully acted by MacLaine, Plummer and the entire cast. A big :T

Chris, if you get around to reading this, I'm sure you would find certian elements of this film quite appealing.
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
    Chris, if you get around to reading this, I'm sure you would find certian elements of this film quite appealing.
    Would that be for some aerial sequences?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

okay, I'll add it to my Netflix queue!

(at #500... every time I start making progress on my queue by watching a bunch of movies, I get a bunch of new ones that fill it right back up)
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Added to my ziplist. I better get a few more (I'm only at 489).

Well, thanks to "Career Opportunities", I guess I'll edge closer to 500 (I maxed out at 497 a few weeks ago).

Edited to add: A search of Jennifer Connelly at Ziplist yielded a list of titles I haven't seen yet (I didn't realize I'd missed so many), so now I'm at 501. :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
          Would that be for some aerial sequences?
          Now how the heck did you guess that, Tex ??? :P
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"