X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

The Movie Hero

I saved this one on my DVR, from a DirecTV showing. Honestly, I'm not sure why, if someone had recommended it to me, or if it just caught me eye. I really enjoyed it, though! I saw this one as very comparable to "The Last Action Hero", in its campy setting of a story set in a movie, exploring typical movie elements. (i.e. the main character oddly refers to the other characters in his story as "Sidekick", "Suspicious Character", and "Love Interest")

It's not a mainstream movie, and I can see that much of the public wouldn't appreciate it. But for those of us that are movie buffs, I highly recommend it! Not for everyone, and not masterfully done. But fun, and if you can put yourself in the "I appreciate the magic of movies" mindset, I think you'll like it.

Parts are 5 stars, but other parts are only 3 stars. So I'll give this 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Looks like something I might enjoy. I'll look for it the next time I'm at Blockbuster. Thanks, Chris.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

added to my ziplist.

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Just finished this. A good bit of fun--not sure I'd revisit it (there are no "deeper meanings" to explore) but it was enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"