X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Crimson Tide - Unrated Extended Edition

I was with my sister in a Best Buy the other day and on the way to the computer section, I saw a copy of Crimson Tide in an un-rated extended format. I've been watching my non-anamorphic copy of this for years so I snapped it up. I haven't seen the entire film yet so I can't comment on all the changes, but my favorite demo scene looks and sounds fantastic. It's the scene where the Alabama is sending up the radio bouy, the wench jams, and the Soviet Akula homes in on the noise and fires two torpedos at the 'Bama. Wow! If you are a fan of this film and don't want to wait on the high-def release, this is a good buy.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I must keep an eye out for this, Tex. Recently I replaced my old non-anamorphic copy of The Hunt For Red October and would love to replace my non-anamorphic Crimson Tide dvd.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Both favorites here too. I've already upated to the non-anamorphic DVD for The Hunt for Red October but will wait until Crimson Tide comes out on Blu-ray.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

My fave demo scene is the meeting of the crew outdoors with the thunderstorm rumbling all around (capturing the sound of the storm has to be reason this scene was staged outdoors). How does that scene fare in the new edition?

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
          My fave demo scene is the meeting of the crew outdoors with the thunderstorm rumbling all around (capturing the sound of the storm has to be reason this scene was staged outdoors). How does that scene fare in the new edition?

Burke
          Yeah it would be good to know the answer to that. It was pretty darn good on the non-anamorphic disc.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Well, it's about freakin' time! I've been waiting for years to buy this movie, for an anamorphic version. Now I might as well wait for an HD version.

I love this movie, and could use it to teach a course on leadership, or on nuclear command and control. Good stuff. If we're getting into it, I personally feel that the end of the movie tarnishes the purity of the dilemna that the plot sets up earlier. People hate me when I suggest this, but I personally would have just ended the movie when the last Emergency Action Message comes in, before it's read. The end of the movie shows that Denzel was right, and avoided starting WWIII. However, Hackman could just as equally have been right, and by not launching their missiles, missed the only opportunity to PREVENT WWIII.
            Last edited by Chris D; 18 May 2007, 02:17 Friday.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"