• Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Jet Li's Unleashed - Unrated

What do you get when you mix the following:

Bob Hoskins-Roger Rabbit fame
    Jet Li - Nuff Said
    Morgan Freeman - nuff said

Well you get a little movie called Unleashed. I rented the unrated version. Jet Li plays a killer than has been trained like a dog to just kill on voice contact. After his master is taken out he finds himself attached to a blind guy played by Morgan Freeman and his kid. Jet's character transforms from literally a scared kid to an adult and forgetting his past. His past didnt' forget him and away we go again.

This is a highly unusual action movie with an excellent overall story. It is a mixed bag for everyone(action, martial arts, story) and the first real time I can say I've seen Jet Li act while also kicking butt.

Worth a rental but not a whole lot of rewatch factor for me. 6 out of 10.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Shane Martin

Worth a rental but not a whole lot of rewatch factor for me. 6 out of 10.
    Then a rental it will be. Thanks, Shane. I was going to pass on this but you make it sound interesting.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Clive
      Former Moderator
      • Jan 2002

I found that there were good morals that can be taken from this movie.

There are many children and adults alike that find themselves enslaved and treaded really badly. It just shows that there can be hope for those who seek to do good rather than bad, but first one should face and eliminate the cause to prevent re-occurrances.

Morgan Freeman (As a blind man) could see the good in his heart :T
      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I picked this up as a "blind buy" just before we hit the road, but haven't seen it. I'm a big Jet Li fan - although the last two efforts were not worthy of him. Glad you liked it Shane, as that gives me hope for it.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

I'll probably rent this sooner or later..
          Bing

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I just watched this (picked it up at an overstock HD DVD sale--they still happen from time to time--for less than the cost of a rental) and I was pleasantly surprised. I bought it as a "mindless action picture" for pure escapism and it was mostly that but it had a few unexpected pearls as well.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Sheesh, for a minute there I though Shane had returned to HT Guide.
              My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"