X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Miami Vice

Well, tonight I finally sat down and watched the whole movie (ive tried 2 other times since last tues)

And I still dont know what to think...
    Dark and grainy, unlike the series. The way it was shot and the pace made me think I was watching a 2.5 hr TV show, not a movie. Even though it was dark and grainy, it had the color and contrast that made you think Miami Vice.
    Now there were a few things that kinda bothered me about this movie.
    1 The movie seemed to just..... START.. no intro to whos who, just a rolling start. Now Ive watched the series and I have the first two on DVD, but still this kind of gave me a headache.
    2 The silly blue flames out the exhaust.... come on now, this isnt the F&F.
    3 Jamie Fox's facial hair kept changing length through out the movie.... sometimes IN THE SAME SCENE!!! :roll:
    4 I dont think Colin fit Crockets role all that well.

Now that its over, I like some of the way the music and sound was mixed, other parts I was a bit confused. I didnt mind the grainy look to the movie, gave it character.

My thoughts... two stars... just because I cant make up my mind.
    Could be worse.... I could hate it.
    B&W
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I thought it was just alright plot wise (typical), bad PQ, alright SQ. Just worth a rental IMHO, but if you didn't you wouldn't really miss anything.

2 stars out of 5.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I haven't watched my copy yet so I can't comment. But this is a Michael Mann film so it will likely have some substance and style even if the story is weak. But for old Miami Vice tv fans, best not to look for that here. My understanding was that Mann wanted to do something totally different and darker.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• ahcryky
        • Feb 2006

I fell asleep............. BORING!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Okay, watched it last night. All I can say is forget the title of this film is Miami Vice, forget that the two detectives are named Crocket and Tubbs, and forget that there is any resemblance to the tv series, because with the exception of the characters and the use of music to enhance mood and action, what we really have here is a typical Michael Mann crime film, so just kick back and enjoy it for what is: a damn fine film loaded with style and substance. I absolutely loved it. :T :T :T :T
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"