• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Grosse Pointe Blank

Hi all,

I've watched so much over the past few weeks and not had a chance to post up. Anyhow, I have now so here we go.

I was watching TV the other night and happened upon one of my fav. movies of all time - Grosse Pointe Blank.

I was really getting into it and after about 20 minutes I realised I was going to watch it through to the end and remembered I had it on DVD! So on it went and up went the volume!

It's such a great movie. The casting was perfect, the lead roles were super but particular metntion goes to Dan Ackroid and the wonderful Joan Cusack. The soundtrack was amazing also - a great selection of 80s and 90s pop. So much so that I bought it on CD - something I don't often do.

The darkly deadpan humour is very, very funny and the acton sequences are tense, exciting and are excelently choreographed - the scene at the mini-mart is just fantastic!

Anyhow, if you have it in your collection and have not seen it in a while, blow the dust off and give it a spin. If it's not, I'd recommend you get it!
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Strange you should post this movie, Vincent. It was only three weeks ago I took this one from the shelf and played it again. I love dark humor and this one has it in spades. Cusack and Aykroyd are a treat to watch. This one belongs in anyone's collection who appreciates dark humor and top notch acting. Alan Arkin, Joan Cusack and Minnie Driver round out the excellent cast.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I agree, love this movie just fun too watch, they really created a treat on this one :T
      Jason

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

"Grosse Pointe Blank" happens to be one movie I watched first time around in spite of the trailer. It looked really STOOPID from the trailer, but enough people whose judegement and taste in movies I trust told me they really liked it that I gave it a chance. I'll have to say that my view of reunions has never been the same since then. :>) It was excrutiatingly funny and well worth multiple viewings.

This would make a great "double feature" with "Thank You For Smoking". Not because they are at all similar in plot or character development, but because both are very effective dark comedies.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

"Grosse Pointe Blank" .....

A very good black comedy, one I should add to my library next time I'm at the used CD and DVD store I frequent. Thanks for reminding me.
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• sirbogey
            • Mar 2006

the roots of any DVD collection

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"