X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2006

The Pink Panther

Just got it from Netflix yesterday, interesting fact that the disk was released yesterday and I recieved from Netflix in the same day.
    The story was kind of plain and old style, you won't really be surprised by the storyline. However Steve Martin's performance was outstanding and I couldn't keep myself away from laughing almost all the time. Jean Reno(as Steve's partner) remains funny and Emily Mortimer's(as Steve's secretary) performance on comedy surprised me as well.
    My girlfriend laughed almost all time that her tummy was hurt several times because she kept laughing after the dinner :rofl:

The deleted scenes are worthwhile to watch too. I don't understand why they cut them off while the movie was just around 90mins. And they filled the plots much fuller with motives on killing Gluant and laugh. The dvd has some extra features with telling how couple big scenes were made too.

Good disk to have if you are Steven Martin's fan, otherwise good rental for Saturday night laugh :B
    Pioneer KRP-500M
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Parasound 5125
    Oppo BDP-83
    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
    SVS PB-10NSD
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I have a soft spot for Steve Martin, even though he hasn't done any really good stuff in the last few years, and will probably rent it. But it will be hard to beat the original with Peter Sellers.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

Geroge,

I'm not touching this one.
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

I might give it a go, but I'm not sure at this time.

I'm with George here. Peter Sellers, to me, IS the good inspector, just as Sean Connery will always be the true OO7.

But, I do like Steve Martin. Just watched Bowfinger (see how cleaverly I combine Steve Martin and James Bond...well, maybe not that witty) the other day and, as before, loved it.

Nonetheless, I still watched all of the James Bond sans Sean Connery, so I'm not ruling this out down the line. So, thanks for the recommendation, Vinny. At least ya got me thinking about it. :T

By the way, I think Peter Sellers was just amazing, from his Pink Panthers, to Dr. Strangelove, to Being There, so I do have some strong bias here.
        Keith

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Yeah, I'll give it a shot, but I'm the same way--Peter Sellers was so great, how can that possibly be matched/imitated? Wht if somebody else played Mr. Bean?
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

It was ok. I was kinda disappointed at the fact that it had absolutely nothing to do with the Pink Panther. It was just a name. I wouldn't buy it though.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Well, to be fair, after the very first Pink Panther movie, none of the Peter Sellers movies were about the Pink Panther either, right? (for those who don't know, the Pink Panther was a jewel stolen in the first one)
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Oct 2005

I just watched it for the first time this weekend. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but I still like the originals better.
                Danish

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Rented it and watched it last night. The humor just seemed too forced for me, though I did chuckle a couple of times ( once when he lost the miracle pill for middle aged men). This didn't even come close to the original and frankly, it would have been better left undone.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"