X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Tommy Lee Jones' modern day western

It's entitled Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada. It stars Tommy plus Barry Pepper. Tommy's friend ( Estrada ) is shot by a border patrol guard ( Pepper ) and gets angry when nothing is done about it. He made a promise to take Estrada back to his home in Mexico for burial if anything happened to him and Jones keeps his promise, and decides to kidnap Pepper and drag him along for the long ride. Pepper is a self-centered asshole who, after this long hard journey, goes through a change for the better.

This film is directed by Jones and although I liked the story and the acting of both Jones and Pepper, the film itself is very disjointed with several flashbacks that have you scratching your head at times. It runs about 2 hours but would have been a better film with some severe editing. All in all, I enjoyed it.

:T :T :T
    My Homepage!
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

It's been on my list, George.

Us fans of Westerns gotta see as many of them as we can. Watching Matt Dillon on cable as I type. Now, that was a tough hombre.
    Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Danbry39
      Us fans of Westerns gotta see as many of them as we can.
      That's for sure, Keith.
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"