• Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Indiana Jones 4

'Indiana Jones 4' finally a go
    By JAM! Movies
    Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford have still got an Indiana Jones thing going on.

Foxnews.com reports that the fourth Indiana Jones film will be Spielberg's next project, once he completes work on "Catch Me If You Can," with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks.

"We have a title, but we're not ready to announce it," Spielberg told Foxnews.com after Sunday's Golden Globe Awards, which honoured Ford with a career-achievement prize.

Spielberg also revealed that his wife, Kate Capshaw, will appear in the film.

Ford told Foxnews.com that the only hesitation in returning to the Indy Jones character was the lack of a decent screenplay.

"It was always about getting the right script, and now we have it," he said. Over the years, a number of screenplays and rumours have circulated through movie-buff circles, involving everything from Jones fending off an alien invasion to discovering the lost continent of Atlantis.

One screenplay, later reported to be the work of an over-ambitious fan, was dubbed "Indiana Jones And The Sons Of Darkness," and featured the daredevil archeologist battling Russians to retrieve part of Noah's Ark.

Still another involved flying saucers and Area 51, but the strangest of all was "Indiana Jones And The Garden Of Life," which saw Jones searching for signs of Adam and Eve.

In June 2000, it was reported that "The Sixth Sense" writer-director M. Night Shyamalan had been hired to write a screenplay for a sequel to be filmed in 2002.

There's no indication so far of which scenario will be tackled in "Indiana Jones 4," or whether Shyamalan's screenplay is the version to which all parties have agreed.

Meanwhile, as Spielberg prepares for "Catch Me If You Can" and "Indiana Jones 4," he's also editing his upcoming film "Minority Report," a futuristic thriller with Tom Cruise.

His busy schedule means that Spielberg won't go ahead with his long-planned adaptation of Arthur S. Golden's best-selling novel "Memoirs Of A Geisha."

"I'm not going to do it," Spielberg told Foxnews.com. "It's over

• George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

If they wait much longer, Harrison Ford will have to play Indie from a wheelchair.
    In the meantime, where's the rest of the series on dvd ?

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

This is great news. Let's see, Catch Me if You Can, is to begin shooting sometime this month and should be relased later this year. So if the next film is IJ4, then shooting could begin by the summer for a realse next year.

Now for the Indy DVD's, I'd be guessing some cross promotion with the relase of the new film next year would be logical. Here's hoping.
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Chip
        • Aug 2001

"If they wait much longer, Harrison Ford will have to play Indie from a wheelchair.
        In the meantime, where's the rest of the series on dvd ?"

Lol George... thats just what i was thinking.

BTW, my real name is George. Everyone calls me Chip because i'm George T. Engle the fifth. They were all living when i was born so, my grandmother nicknamed me Chip. (you didn't ask for all that! )

- Chip

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
        Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Ahh, intersting! I was thinking he's getting a bit old for grind it out adventures. But hey, if he's up to the challenge, go for it. I am with George though, where's our DVDs? It's just profit sitting there ready to be made. It doesn't make sense.

Chip, I thought it was short for Chipmunk, because your Father was a Catholic Priest before leaving the cloth to marry your Mother. Thus, Chipmunk. hehe.

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

So, Chip (George), YOU'RE JUST A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK,EH. Lol.

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"