X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Chicken Little

Watched this one from Netflix. Overall, good movie, but I wasn't "wow-ed". I love cartoons, as I think they're delightfully silly fun. But it's a mini-shame, and a HUGE testament to Pixar, that Pixar has set the bar so high now for animated movies that every other one has to match up. It's a tough bar to reach. Before "A Bug's Life" and "Toy Story", cartoons were just fun diversions that could be cranked out every few months. But Pixar showed that an animated flick done right can be a DELIGHT.

Anyway, to this particular movie--not bad, but storyline was kind of so-so, music did nicely but didn't gel perfectly, and animation was pretty good, but not great. It got better, I thought, over the course of the movie.

I'll give it :3: out of :5:

(I'll probably still end up buying this one for the kid collection)
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
    But it's a mini-shame, and a HUGE testament to Pixar, that Pixar has set the bar so high now for animated movies that every other one has to match up. It's a tough bar to reach.
    Not if you just buy the bar. Pixar guys are now firmly in control of the direction of our animation studio. And they have a strong interest in our part of the company too. It'll be a year or so though before the "pixar dust" really has an effect for us though.

BB

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"