• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Domino

George already has seen this but here goes:

Domino is the story of the late Domino Harvey. A young rebel girl who is a bounty hunter by trade. Without getting much into the story, let's just say it's all over the place. It may appear to be a convoluted mess but it's quite the feast for your eyes, ears and brain.

I myself truely enjoyed it. It is a bit slow but picks up towards the end.

For those T 'n A type guys, it's got lots of that including Kiera doing a lap dance.

Visuals: This is Tony Scott on steroids here. The mtv style editing may annoy people and may not as it really depends. If the quick cut MTV style editing he did on Man on Fire or Spy Game annoyed you then this will drive you bezerk. If not then it's on overdrive here. To me the picture was near reference as I expected it to contain a certain visual style and it did.

Audio: DTS ES Discrete is present. It's a mix that contains more than its fair share of action. Expect every speaker to be used effectively.

I can't pretend everyone liked this but it does work for me.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I'm looking forward to this one :T Also Natalie Portman's upcoming "gritty" role... can't remember the name of the movie though.... :scratchhead:
    Jason

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

You are talking about V for Vendetta.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

That's the one! Thanks
        Jason

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

As Shane knows, I am buying this for sure. I like the fact it is based on fact. Domino was the daughter of actor Laurence Harvey. She gave up a life of privilege ( and a modeling career, I believe ) to become a bounty hunter. How interesting can it get ?
          My Homepage!

Comment

• junior77blue
            • Nov 2004

So, how much of this story is fact vs. fiction?

And how did she die?? Need to do some googling...

Comment

• Nick M
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

A bit detached from reality (especially the based on a true story part). Definetly MTVish, drawing on the Fear and Loathing/Natural Born Killers colors/cinematography. Personally I thought the making of featurettes with the actual Domino were better than the film itself!

Worth a rent. :3: out of :5:
              ~Nick

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
                Personally I thought the making of featurettes with the actual Domino were better than the film itself!
                So she just recently died? I guess the it wasn't in the movie then huh?

Kevin D.

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

I found this movie to be different (MTVish is a very good description), but it certainly maintained my interest.

2 1/2 of 5 stars, definitely worth a rental, but not a keeper in my humble opinion.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Shane Martin
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2001

According to Wikipedia she died on June 27, 2005 in her bathtub of an overdose.

The movie is not 100% a true story as even the movie eludes to that.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

I felt let down by this movie, im a buyer, I dont rent.
                      And MTVish seemed right on par with the desription.
                      B&W

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"