Not sure where to post - I found The Lord of The Rings Gift Sets ON SALE for $18.99

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neoncapacity
    • Feb 2006

Not sure where to post - I found The Lord of The Rings Gift Sets ON SALE for $18.99

This is my first post so please don't flame me if this is the wrong section but i thought this was such a good deal that i'd let you all know about it.

If you look at the most current movie The Return of The King Gift Set it is normally priced at $80.00 so to get one of these at $18.99 is a steal and plus most movies retail for 20 bucks anyways so with these being the Extended Versions PLUS the gift set this is a awesome deal----->

The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Special Extended Edition Collector's Gift Set) (2001)
    Price: $18.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (Platinum Series Special Extended Edition Collector's Gift Set) (2002)
    Price: $18.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

I also found The Lord of the Rings 12 Dvd Set ON SALE for $52.62!!! This is the whole Extended Version series but without the gift set---->

The Lord of the Rings - The Motion Picture Trilogy (Special Extended DVD Edition) (2004) Price: $52.62
    The extended versions retail at $39.99 EACH so times that by three and it equals $120.00 so at $52.62 this is more than HALF OFF which is a HOT HOT HOT DEAL if you ask me!
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Looks like a real bargain. And, yes, anything dvd is posted here. Welcome to the guide.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Ah, yes, one more purchase that I made, where I got a decent deal, that a few months later pales in comparison to the new INCREDIBLE deal.

I bought the 12-disc set.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Looks like a similar deal is also available for us Canucks.....$67.46CA... I'm seriously pondering this one.... :P

Jason

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

They must be clearing stock room for BluRay/HD-DVD :lol:
          Jason

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

It's even cheaper at Future Shop! $59.99CA :E

Get our Low Price Guarantee, online or in store, on a huge selection of electronics, appliances, furniture, fitness, travel, baby products and more!

Same price at bestbuy.ca as well
            Jason

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Couldn't resist, I ordered it from Best Buy! :P
              Jason

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

What? Only twelve discs? I'm holding out for the 24-disc super set. :dancenana:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Arrived today! :banana:
                  Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                    Office Moderator
                    • Aug 2000

Will you get any sleep?

I saw them at on sale at HMV on the weekend as well. I was tempted to buy them again!
                    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• aud19
                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2003

I then proceeded to forget them at work :lol: Try to remember to take them home today! On a glass half full note: I'm catching a miserable cold and feel like poop...so I may have a sick day to watch them later this week if I continue to deteriorate
                      Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                        Office Moderator
                        • Aug 2000

On a side note. When I was kinda out of it with my cold, I tried to watch Star Wars, the original trilogy. I actually slept through parts of Episode IV and V! I also tried to listen to the audio commentary, and same thing happened.

So I hope you get one of those colds where you can't sleep!
                        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Yeah I've been pretty pooped the last couple days so that may not work out so well...
                          Jason

Comment

• Nathan P
                            • Mar 2006

I have the boxed special edition of all three, it's the same thing without the sculpture. There sure is alot of cool stuff on those extra discs! The movies aren't bad actually they are probably on the top of my favorite movies list, as a trilogy they get listed as one movie, these and Star Wars have got to be the best trilogys/series movies of all time!

Comment

• David Meek
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

these and Star Wars have got to be the best trilogys/series movies of all time
                              Don't forget The Godfather set, even though it trailed off in the third one.

And what about Blade and Rambo? :rofl: (just joking!)

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"