X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benny
    • Jan 2005

Scratch

First of all, I realize that most HT posters on here probably aren't interested, but here goes... "Scratch" is a 2 disc documentary on the art of "turntableism", or DJ'ing. From the orgins of the "scratch", to the masterminds who continue to push the envelope within this style of music, it's all here. If you're an open-minded person who's ever wondered what kind of musical credibility to give these artists, check it out. Disc 2 has features such as "lessons." Very humbling once you start to think to yourself, "Yeah, anyone could do that".
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Interesting, Benny, but I haven't seen this disc in my neck of the woods.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• benny
      • Jan 2005

Hello George. I don't know if it's something you would be able to rent at Blockbuster, but it can be found in most larger retail stores (Wherehouse, Virgin, Amazon.com). While the content isn't really hi-fi oriented, I think someone like yourself would be interested in learning how the turntable has transformed itself from a music playback device to an actual music "instrument". Or you may just cringe at the sound of the needle going "scratch"....lol.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Definitely interesting, Benny. I'll keep an eye open for it the next time I visit the big city.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Miroku
          • Jul 2004

I own this DVD. Its great stuff. I've also been into DJ'ing for about 8 years so maybe I am a little biased towards the material though :W

Comment

• benny
            • Jan 2005

What's up Miroku? I guess you have to be into DJ'ing to know about this. I'm trying to spread the word, though!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"