X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

Netflix question

I know some of you guys subscribe to Netflix service. I just whent to that sight and it says that Plans start at $9.99. I didnt know there were differant plans, what are the differances? I just assumed you paid x number of dollars a month and got 3 movies and then you would get more as you returned those based on what was in your que at the time. No late fees right? Is shipping to and from included?
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

No Late fees and shipping is included. The prices vary based on how many movies you want at a time. The $9.99 plans are usually 1 at a time and they go up from there. In any plan you get unlimited rentals during that month.

Just update your queue with the titles you want and it will take care of itself. You adjust your queue with the priority you place on the movie.

Put it in the mailbox when you are done.

Pretty simple stuff.

Comment

• Christian M
      • Feb 2005

netflix is probably one of the best things to happen since the advent of the video rental store.

I'm on the 3-at-a-time plan and it's a good, even-keeled plan. You can get your movies, watch one, send it out and get a new one back before you run out of movies. It's great. If you're good on keeping a schedule with mailing them back out you have an almost seemingly endless supply of movies.

- Christian

Comment

• Foxman
        • Jan 2003

Weeeeellll I signed up for a test drive. I have been hesitant for some reason but with my DVD purchases waining and my lack of desire to go to a blockbuuster for anything just shy of CPR, I had to do something. Here's hoping it's the next best thing to owning a DVR. :T

I just noticed that I am clipping along at an average of just over 100 posts a year....what can I say I am enfuego :B
        IMO

My Movies
        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

Another nice thing is the selection. Lots of movies to choose from that you might not have seen. It helps expand your thoughts some. Variety is the spice of life.

Blockbuster offers a similar deal but you can rent in store. Their selection isn't as good IMHO.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Not available in Canada though...
            Jason

Comment

• dyazdani
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

I'm also on the 3-at-a-time plan. I really enjoy it, they have a lot of stuff I wouldn't normally find like IMAX films and MotoGP season reviews :T
              Danish

Comment

• mtodde
                • Jan 2005

I joined in 1999 and have been on the 3 at a time plan for most of that time; when I joined it worked a bit differently. At that time Blockbuster didn't carry a single DVD so Netflix was a godsend.

Their selection and customer service are top notch and I really like to be able to keep a movie as long as I like. Sometimes you just aren't in the mood to watch a certain type of movie.

I've just about quit buying DVDs so Netflix is my movie source.

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                  • Jan 2002

I've been with Blockbuster for a couple of months now and been fairly happy. I like the idea of getting two coupons to use in the local store each month as well.

My sister was with Netflix for years and switched to Blockbuster... claiming she liked Blockbuster better for their selection. I may try and flip flop and check out Netflix.

Either way... we were renting 3-4 movies per week at Movie Gallery and spending quite a bit. The mail rental saves!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"