• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

March of the Penguins

Rented It.

While each time the scenes switched to a new part of the story I was taken aback by the visuals, it dragged in places to the point where my eyes would unconsciously shut and then flash back open at an abnormal sound or change of music. Maybe I was just tired after a long day, but I shut it off about an hour of the way through, and don't plan on finishing it tomorrow. A plus for using one of my favorite actors (Morgan Freeman) as the narrator, but even he couldn't save me from my boredom.

:2: out of :5: Sorry National Geographic...
    ~Nick
  • cinema bob
    • Apr 2005

the fact that they advertised it as a kids movie really ticked me off. how many hundreds of penguins die in the damn thing?? and not just penguins but baby penguins.. oh and lets show timelapse of the corpse freezing. my god how did this film get a g rating?

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I'm going to have to buy this DVD, from the way that everybody raves about it being so good. Blind purchase.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Foxman
        • Jan 2003

We watched this movie recently. I am not generaly a guy that watches this type of movie but I was intrigued by the pub it got. My wife was really surprised this was shown at the theater and wondered why it wasnt just a special on the discovery channel. My oldest said it was the most boring movie he had ever seen. My youngest didnt have an opinion but since he fell asleep I will take that for what it is.

Personaly, it was a bit boring and I can see my wifes point about being in a theater. I did enjoy the movie enough to watch some of the bonus features, but I was more curious about how they filmed it in -80 degree temps. Anyway over all I chuckled at some sceens and learned a heck of a lot more about emporer penguins then I would have otherwise. I also grew a bit alarmed at the global warming issue that was a subtle point made in the movie's extras.

I am going to say. 2 of 5 stars.
        IMO

My Movies
        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"