X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Heat 2disc SE March 1

:T :T :T 8) Guess I'm pawning the old one.

Source: www.JoBlo.com

Heat (SE) - March 1

Below you'll find the detailed specs of for the Heat Special Edition we announced a few weeks ago.

Disc One: Main Feature

Anamorphic Widescreen
    English and French DD5.1 Surround
    Audio Commentary by writer/director Michael Mann
    3xTheatrical Trailers
    Disc Two: Extra Features

11 additional scenes
    Five new making-of documentaries featuring the cast and crew:
    Return to the Scene of the Crime – Location Manager, Janice Polley, and Associate Producer, Gusmano Cesaretti, visit the real life LA locations used in the film
    Pacino and De Niro: The Conversation – Mann, cast and crew explore this historic on-screen showdown in the pivotal confrontation at Kate Mantellini’s
    The Making of Heat: True Crime – Michael Mann and Chuck Adamson, Technical Advisor and real life inspiration for the Lt. Vincent Hanna character, discuss the Chicago crime scene and the events surrounding the real Neil McCauley (who Adamson took down in the late 60s) that inspired the film
    The Making of Heat: Crime Stories – Mann, cast and crew discuss the twenty year origin of the script, the film’s genesis and the complexity of the characters portrayed on screen
    The Making of Heat: Into the Fire – Mann, cast and crew discuss training for their roles, filming in LA, shooting the climatic downtown heist and post production

Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Holy smokes, thanks for the heads up. This is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Heat is a seriously good movie. :T Sometimes though, I'll pull it out just to watch the downtown shootout.

I'm not a big extras fan, but the ones on this SE are (by themselves) enough to make me replace my existing copy. Too bad we didn't get a high-quality DTS soundtrack, though. It'll be interesting to see if the PQ and SQ are improved upon from the current release.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Gordon Moore
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Feb 2002

Well if they can get rid of some of the weirdo colour shift 3/4 the way through I'll be happy. The downtown shootup has always been some serious sound :T
        Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Gordon Moore
          If you turn that around backwards, it's almost www.BlowJo*.com... (heheheee)

I'm not sure if I'll buy this, but I'm interested. Heat is significant, if for no other reason than getting Pacino and DeNiro together in the same movie. I still consider the urban warfare scene to probably be the best I've ever seen in a movie.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

My laserdisc copy acts up near the climax of this movie and I have been wanting to replace it with dvd so March is as good a time as any. The scene with Deniro and Pacino is worth the price of the disc alone.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Shane Martin
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2001

If this disc can replicate the DD track off the Laserdisc then I plan to pick it up.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Yeah, Shane, the audio on the LD is exceptional.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• NHT
                  • Mar 2004

so this comes out in 3 months? I have to wait that long?

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"