• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

House of Wax

Rented it.

The first 1/3-1/2 of this film almost made me fall asleep with it's 90's styled teenagers partying intro to a horror film. Then it got pretty good! One scene was actually squirm worthy for me, which is rare, as most gore just has me rolling my eyes as another guy has his small intestines pulled out.

Another film that borrows from the greatness of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

A fun flick that chimes right for October.
    Worth a rent for a mindless blood fest. Skip the first 1/2 though. :lol:

:3: out of :5: if you exclude the first 1/3.
    ~Nick
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Well I just have such a hard time looking at that overexposed Hilton gal that I am already turned off on the flick. The original was good enough for me. Maybe if I have a hard time finding something to rent someday I will pick it up, but I dunno. Thanks for the comments, though, Nick.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Nick M
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Wow! I didn't know this had an original.

I wonder if it's available on DVD?.
      ~Nick

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher

Yeah, the original was released in the theaters in 1953. It was in 3D. It starred Vincent Price and a very young Charles Bronson. At one point in the film, with the dvd effect Bronson seems to jump into the scene from the audience and everyone nearly pissed their pants. The dvd was released earlier this year, I believe. Don't recall the exact date I bought it, but Walmart has a lot of old horror movies in the Halloween bin right now. You may find it there.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• caleb
          • Aug 2004

I see it stars Paris Hilton.

The best acting is when she dies! ! ! !

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Now now, be nice caleb.

I actually have seen the original with Vincent Price, but not this version. Wow, 1953 I didn't know it was that old :Z .

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Azeke
              Now now, be nice caleb.

I actually have seen the original with Vincent Price, but not this version. Wow, 1953 I didn't know it was that old :Z .

Regards,

Azeke
              Did you see it in the theater ? If so was it also in 3D ? The original release was in 1953 and in 3D. It was the start of a batch of 3D movies that soon ran out of steam. People just didn't like those stupid cardboard glasses.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

I actually don't remember George if I saw it in 3D, probably not, since I saw this movie in the early 60's. That's when I also saw the original movie "The Fly".

I had a teacher in High School who taught French, I could have bet the farm that he was Vincent Price, in fact, that is what I use to call him. I hope he never heard me.

Help me, Help me,

:rofl:

Azeke

Comment

• Claude D D
                  • Jan 2003

There's not much coming out of Hollywood that isn't a remake these days.But at least they try to give a little twist to the plots.

P.S. Vincent Price rules!!!
                  Every weekend when I was a kid I would say up late to watch the scary flicks that would air on the CBC around midnight(I had a nice 23" black & white console tv in my bedroom). Everything from Night of the Living Dead, Dracula,The House of Wax,The House of Usher, Frankenstein,The Adomidable Dr Phibes. Great stuff. Not very scary by todays standards. But scared the hell out of me as a kid.

Comment

• Mike Gehring
                    • Oct 2005

Paris Got Wacked!!!!

That was the only reason that I rented this movie because I couldn't wait to see something terrible happen to her. Call me morbid but you can't tell me that you didn't enjoy that scene!!!

Mike :lol:

Comment

• NMyTree
                      • May 2004

Fifty lashes with a wet noodle :B :W

You should check out Vincent Price's movies. Do a goggle on him and check out his filmography. When you're in the mood, rent some of his movies. They're great....Classic horror!

BTW, the original House Of Wax is much better than this trash.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has disdain for the talentless Paris Hilton. She makes me ill.
                      Tony

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"