X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Vanity Fair

This didn't recieve much attention it seems from the public or the studio for that matter but we found it to be quite good.

The story is a bit ponderous towards the middle but otherwise is quite engaging and was well acted by the entire cast. I was particularly impressed with the job Reese Witherspoon did... though that may just have been in contrast to her Legally Blonde roll :lol:

The PQ was stunning with lot's of deep inky blacks and shadows offset with vibrant scenery and lush period costumes. The SQ was also quite good. The dialogue was clear and the musical score rousing. The sub and surround activity was also more impressive than you might expect, particularly in the party and battle scenes.

Overall a well done movie definitely worth a rental or possibly a purchase if you enjoy period movies.

:35: out of :5:
    Jason
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I passed this up a couple of times at Blockbuster but plan to rent it one of this weeks.
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"