X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Downfall

I'm surprised and yet not surprised to not see a discussion about this movie. It's a foreign film(german) about the last days of the 3rd Reich seen from the eyes of the secretary of Adolf Hitler. For a WWII film, this is about as good as it gets. The portrayals are magnificent and the audio is pretty impressive too. Most of these foreign films I've seen have low rate audio tracks but my speakers were rocking during this film.

The subtititles are burned in so don't worry when you can't turn them on or don't see a selection in the menu.

Atleast rent it. I bet several folks will end up buying it as I will.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I saw the review of this on Rottentomatoes, which gave the film critical acclaim. It certainly appears to be an interesting perspective on the Dictator's life.

How many stars did you give it Shane?

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

5 out of 5.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Shane Martin
        5 out of 5.
        I should have known

Azeke

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Don't recall seeing that one in these parts.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

I found it at the local Hollywood video(blockbuster had it too). Netflix also has it.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Thanks, Shane. Maybe it'll show up this week.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Shane Martin
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2001

It's been out for a few weeks atleast....Then again I'm not sure how your rental place handles this stuff especially foreign films.

Comment

• Foxman
                  • Jan 2003

I frequent a forum that has a couple very lengthy threads about this movie and everyone raves about how accurate and well made the movie is. I bought it, but havent had the time to see the movie. From what I have read, if you have even just a passing interest in WW2 then this is a must watch. Some internet people are saying this might be the best WW2 movie ever made. Again, I have not watched it, but I am anticipating watching this and really enjoying it. The only part that concerns me is that I have only watched one movie with subtitles and even then I understood most of it (snatch). I did that because I had no idea what Brad Pitts character was saying. So, while the authentic language is a bonus, it also requires a little patience. Ohh, make that two with subtitles....Pasion of the Christ was the other.
                  IMO

My Movies
                  Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"